WRAPUP 2-Macquarie, MUFG profits dive, other banks cut jobs
* Macquarie H1 profit falls 43 pct, writedowns total $750 mln
* Macquarie shares soar 26 pct, no plans to raise cash now
* MUFG Q2 falls 61 pct, sticks to lowered forecast
* China Construction Bank shares fall after BoA stake buy
* Citi slashes 52,000 global jobs, HSBC trims 500 from Asia (Recasts with MUFG results, analyst comments)
By Mette Fraende and David Dolan
SYDNEY/TOKYO, Nov 18 (Reuters) - Japan's Mitsubishi UFJ (8306.T: Quotazione) and Australia's Macquarie Group (MQG.AX: Quotazione) became the latest Asian lenders to post sharp falls in profits, but relief Macquarie was not tapping investors for more cash sent its shares soaring.
Frozen credit markets, sinking asset values and plunging equity markets have taken a toll on the region's banks, prompting multi-billon dollar cash calls from companies including MUFG and rival Mizuho Financial Group (8411.T: Quotazione) in recent weeks.
Banks have also been slashing jobs, with Citigroup (C.N: Quotazione) on Monday announcing plans to cut 52,000 jobs globally, the second-largest corporate lay-off plan in history. [ID:nN17468336] Continua...