UPDATE 4-United Therapeutics gets FDA nod for oral PAH drug
* Expects to launch oral PAH drug in U.S. in August
* Says Adcirca pricing comparable to Cialis on mg-to-mg basis
* Says distribution will be through retail pharmacies
* Sees launch of tyvaso first week of Sept, if approved
* Shares up as much as 12 pct (Updates share movement, adds analyst's comment)
By Jennifer Robin Raj
BANGALORE, May 26 (Reuters) - United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR.O: Quotazione) said the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved its orally administered drug to treat high pulmonary blood pressure, sending its shares up as much as 12 percent.
The drug tadalafil -- already approved for the treatment of erectile dysfunction under the brand name Cialis -- will be sold under the brand name Adcirca as a once-daily treatment for pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), high blood pressure in vessels connecting the lungs to the heart, with a 40 mg dose.
The company expects to launch the drug commercially in the United States at the beginning of August. Continua...