April 2 (Reuters) - London Stock Exchange Group Plc
* Statement re. Board member
* Paolo Scaroni, a non-executive director and deputy chairman of company, has received a first instance conviction from a regional italian court
* Relating to inadequate environmental standards at Enel, a company of which he was chief executive between 2002 and 2005.
* Scaroni is appealing such decision as unfounded and under Italian law decision is suspended and conditional pending appeal. LSEG's relevant regulators have been notified of this development
* Paolo Scaroni continues as a non-executive director of company
* LSEG will provide further updates if appropriate Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: